Friday, March 16, 2012

R.I.P. West Liberty...

...or at least the West Liberty I'll always remember.  There's not a doubt in my mind that we will rebuild, but I think I speak for everyone when I say that it will never, ever be the same.  We've lost so many historic landmarks to the EF-3 tornado that ripped through on Friday, March 2nd, that the appearance of the town will be changed forever.      

Main Street.
                                                                 Commercial Bank.
 Methodist Church.
Christian Church.
 Courthouse.
Freezer Fresh.

  

2 comments:

  1. All of this is heartbreaking but it brings back good memories!(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness! I'm so glad that you're okay, but I'm still sorry about all the destruction. You're in my thoughts and prayers. <3

    ReplyDelete