Thursday, January 5, 2012

Razor Blade (poem)

You slowly pull back the security of a long sleeve,
Revealing to me the deep scars of your personal battle.

I feel powerless, helpless,
As I examine the countless red gashes
That have felt the cold metal far too many times.

Tears of sadness and anger
Stream down my burning cheeks,

Like the crimson blood
That has streamed down your frail, hurting arm,
Secretly, for too long.

But still,
I embrace you warmly like only a true friend could do.

Can't you see that,
When you hurt yourself,
You hurt me as well?

Let me be your razor blade.
Let me take away the pain.

I will always be there to share your burden.
Place it on my shoulders
And we'll wait out the storm together.

Now, dry your tears and stop the bleeding.
I'll be your razor blade.

No comments:

Post a Comment